CareerSafe courses are designed to provide the best, most intuitive experience possible. An important part of a seamless course experience is ensuring you are using optimal browsers and browser settings for CareerSafe courses. In general, this means you’ll need:
- a reliable internet connection
- an HTML5-compliant browser with the ability to accept cookies and store temporary internet files — most browsers are supported, but we recommend Chrome, Firefox, or Safari for optimum performance
- the ability to open PDF files
Enabled speakers or headphones will allow you to access course audio, but are not required.
Commonly Encountered Issues
Occasionally, you may still encounter issues with your course, so we’ve created this guide to walk you through troubleshooting the most common course problems.
Course Slide Frozen
Most often, frozen course slides can be fixed by clearing your browser cache and restarting your browser.
Seat Time Not Counting Correctly
Issues with seat time not counting are most frequently encountered by those using iPads and iPhones. On these devices, we recommend using Safari, as the Chrome and Firefox browsers don’t appear to always track seat time appropriately.
If you are using Google Chrome and have this issue, you may have an ad blocker extension enabled. To disable the extension:
- Click the three vertical dots on the top right-hand corner of the web browser.
- Go to More Tools > Extensions.
- Switch the slider for the ad blocker extension to the “Off” position.
- Restart the web browser.
Topic Assessment Disabled
Each topic in our OSHA courses has an OSHA-regulated required seat time. To unlock the Topic Assessment, students must spend the specified amount of time working on that topic. The required seat time for each topic is listed on the topic page. If you have completed all the modules but are still short on seat time, you may work on the Resources modules included in each topic until you reach the minimum seat time.
Please refer to the OSHA Outreach Training Program FAQs for more information about topic and course seat time requirements mandated by OSHA.