How to Navigate CareerSafe Courses
An overview of the interface.The CareerSafe online program is designed to be as simple and straight-forward as possible for the best user experience. As soon as you login to your CareerSafe OSHA 10 course, you will be greeted by a screen that looks exactly like this:
- Course Pretest: This is where you can take the initial course pretest. This assessment is the first item you must complete, before you begin to learn new material. Even though this pretest is not for a grade, it is encouraged that you try your best, so you can see where you stand initially.
- Required Topics: This tab allows you to access each of the required topics that must be completed to receive your OSHA 10 credential. The required topics do not need to be completed in any particular order.
- Study Guide: This is where you can access the study guide, which is a comprehensive review of much of the material you might see on the final assessment.
- Final Assessment: This is where you can take your final assessment to complete the course. This tab is locked until you compete all required topics and meet the minimum seat time of 10 hours.
- Course Survey: This is where you can find and complete the Course Survey after passing the Final Assessment. You must complete the course survey to receive your OSHA 10-Hour card.
- Supplemental Topics: This is where you can find access to different topics that are not required to earn your credential. Taking or assigning these modules is at your discretion.
- Tool Belt: This is where you can add and save pages you wish to review in the future. This feature is optional but may be helpful to you.
- Exit Course: Click this tab to exit the course. Any progress you make is automatically saved.
An overview of the topics.
- The topic description is located on the left black bar, just underneath the image. If you are looking for a brief overview of the topic you are currently taking, this paragraph contains a brief description.
- You can tell if your sub-topic has been completed by looking at the color. If the circle of that particular sub-topic is grey, it is incomplete. If the circle is blue, it is complete.
- Seat time is marked on the bottom right-hand corner, with the required seat time located just beneath that. In order to progress, your "Topic Time Completed" must be greater than the "Required Time in Topic."
- Additional resources can be located by clicking on the "Resources" button, in the bottom right-hand corner.
How to take a knowledge check:
While progressing through the course, you will frequently encounter "knowledge checks" that will test your progress. Simply read the question and select the answer that best answers the question. To finalize your response for that question, click the "Submit" button. If you ever have any questions about a slide, click the "Accessibility" button on the top right side of the screen. To mute the narration, click the "Mute" button at the bottom middle of your screen.
How to watch videos:
Some slides are composed of videos. All videos have sound, so be sure to turn on your speakers or headphones so that you may hear the audio. When listening to a narrator video, there are captions available for you to read on the bottom of the video in case you do not have access to sound on your computer. If you wish to pause the video, click the triangle icon on the bottom left of the video. If you want to mute all sound, click the volume icon on the bottom right of the video. To enlarge the video to full screen, click the square icon to the right of the volume icon. For additional options, including toggling captions, click the 3-dot icon in the bottom right corner.