National Youth Safety Video Scholarship Contest
Show us your safety!
The CareerSafe National Youth Safety Video Scholarship Contest is now open. Submissions will be accepted through April 30, 2024.
In this annual contest, students are asked to create a short video demonstrating workplace safety concepts. Although safety is no laughing matter, we encourage you to get creative, be engaging, and yes — even make us laugh!
The top three entries will receive a scholarship prize for group members and a cash prize for their schools.
$5,000 School Cash
$3,500 School Cash
$2,000 School Cash
2023 Video Contest Winners
Watch the safety videos that made the cut in 2023!
2nd Place: Tulsa Technology Center - Tulsa, OK
Honorable Mention: Brittany Woods Middle School - University City, MO
All entries must adhere to ALL submission guidelines below or they will be disqualified.
- Each entrant must:
- Have a sponsor (e.g., teacher, mentor, advisor, or parent/guardian)
- Have successfully completed a CareerSafe OSHA 10-Hour or OSHA 30-Hour course
- Include an Official Entry Form and an Official Liability Release Form with entry
- Submissions must be made online by April 30, 2024 using the instructions in the How to Enter section below.
- Videos should be 30-120 seconds long (0:30 to 2:00).
- Videos should be exported in one of the following formats: .MP4, .AVI, .MOV.
- Videos should be a minimum quality of 720p resolution (although 1080p is preferred).
- Videos should convey a message related to youth safety in the workplace.
- Videos should NOT include the real names of any students.
- Videos must not have been previously submitted, distributed, aired, or have won any other award in any other competition.
How to Enter
To submit your entry:
- Fill out the Official Entry Form and Official Liability Form found in the Submission Guidelines section above.
- Drag and drop the following items into the Box submission tool to the right:
- Completed Official Entry Form
- Completed Official Liability Form
- Video file in format outlined in the Submission Guidelines above
- Fill out the description and email address boxes, which will become visible once you drop files into the Box tool.
- Description – student name and video title
- Email address – student or teacher email address (required)
- Click the Upload button