CareerSafe®, Safety Education for America's Future, is excited to announce a new scholarship opportunity for students. Students are encouraged to write an essay describing how their OSHA 10-Hour card has made an impact in the way they recognize hazards and how it will be a benefit to their future. CareerSafe will select up to four (4) students to be awarded a $500 scholarship each quarter.
Contest begins January 1, 2017 and ends December 31, 2017. Each quarterly Entry Period begins at 12:00 a.m. Central Standard Time (“CST”) on the first date of each quarter and ends at 5:00 p.m. CST on the last day of the quarter. The Entry Period for each quarter is as follows:
- Quarter 1: January 1 - March 31
- Quarter 2: April 1 - June 30
- Quarter 3: July 1 - September 30
- Quarter 4: October 1 - December 31
- Student must have completed one of the following CareerSafe courses: OSHA 10-Hour General Industry, OSHA 10-Hour Construction Industry, OSHA 10-Hour General Industry (Agriculture), or OSHA 10-Hour General Industry (Healthcare).
- Each entry must have a sponsor (e.g. teacher, mentor, advisor, or parent/guardian)
How to Enter the Contest:
CareerSafe Safety Essay Scholarship Contest
1005 University Drive East
College Station, TX 77840
Please refer to the Official Contest Rules for additional requirements and information.
- Must maintain the theme: How has your OSHA 10-Hour wallet card impacted how you recognize hazards and how it will benefit your future.
- 800 words or less
- Typed, double-spaced in 12-point Arial font or an equivalent font
- Numbered pages with one-inch margins
Once the awardees are selected each quarter a link to the winning essay will be posted here.